The wikis are now using the new authentication system.
If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/

Meetings/LinuxTag 2006 Planning 2006-04-11

Şuraya atla: kullan, ara
Meetings

This meeting is meant to discuss the openSUSE participitation at LinuxTag Wiesbaden 2006.

It was held on

Tuesday 2006/04/11 18:00 CEST (16:00 GMT)

Agenda

Current planning done by SUSE staff (skh, cthiel)

Sonja and Christoph reported the current status of the planning. At the moment it looks like we will have some 10-12 SUSE people at LinuxTag, including HR (human resources) folks for people that have questions about employment by Novell (they will be there only on Thursday and Friday). Most of the people will only stay for 2-3 days, Thursday (that's the openSUSE day) will of course be the most crowded one. We are still waiting for budget approval, which is expected for tomorrow. Our program is online at The LinuxTag Homepage.

  Action Item skh:
  * Prepare general and HR specific announcement for the wiki/lists (#165281)
  Action Item Adrian: 
  * Improve the LinuxTag Page in the wiki
  Action Item every speaker at the openSUSE Tag:
  * Check that your abstracts and bios are entered and up to date on the LinuxTag homepage

Community participation at the booth

Our booth is not in the .org area, but in the "normal" exhibition. Due to our hybrid status of company/open source project. We will have three counters: opensuse.org, SUSE Linux, and enterprise products. We have to man the openSUSE and the SUSE Linux counter completely voluntarily as we can't pay or sponsor anything.

Volunteers so far:

  • David Wright (maybe. And if then only on thursday)
  • Nix (all days)
  • cboltz (maybe)
  • schiele (only on saturday)
  Action Items cthiel:
  * Make a booth duty plan (#165288)
  Action Items skh:
  * Ask for volunteers in the announcement again
  * Coordinate volunteers

What will we show at the booth?

Beineri noted that we need banners that tell people what we are showing.

  • BuildService - ??
  • cthiel/localhorst have some demos form the 10.1 talk (they include Xen, AppArmor, Xgl, openOffice)
  • wiki usage - notlocalhorst, Everybody
  • bugzilla usage - Everybody
  • The new package manager - Duncan/Stano (maybe)
  • Desktop features - Bille, Beineri
  Action Item skh:
  make a wiki page listing all demos (#165292)
  Action Item cthiel:
  Check with the novell booth people for banners

Community participation in the conference

We will have the openSUSE Tag on Thursday, May 4. All speakers please update your abstracts and bios. fm volunteered for a talk about the usage on SL in his school project (terminal server/thin clients). We have to call for speakers again on the lists. Henne noted that for the future the planing has to be done on the opensuse mailinglist. Because putting out a nearly finished schedule kills of interests of holding a talk.

  Action Item skh/adrianS: 
  call for speakers on the list again (#165297)
  

Social event

We want to go out for dinner with all volunteers. Budget ist still unclear. There will be a general LinuxTag social event on Thursday. So we will have the dinner on Friday (if).

  Action Item skh:
  Organize budget and dinner (#165303)

Tickets

schiele asked if we have a contingent of tickets for the volunteers. Nobody knew. Henne said if we dont he will pay for booth-duty/speaker volunteers.

  Action Item cthiel:
  Find out if we have tickets to give away (#165310)

Q&A Section

Please add your questions or remarks about topics from the agenda here if you cant participate. We will try to answer them in the meeting.

Your Name Question
Who What

Transcript

2006/04/04 LinuxTag 2006 Planning Meeting transcript