CD'den Sanal Makine Kurulumu
If you have physical media (CD or DVD), you can install a VM’s operating system directly from the CD/DVD reader. Installing from DVD is pretty easy, but installing from multiple CDs requires a few commands in order to switch between CDs.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have booted the Virtual Machine Server kernel (Xen). Check the kernel by opening a terminal window and entering uname -r.
Install a VM's OS from CD
- Run YaST.
- Click System > Virtual Machine Management (Xen).
- From the Manage Virtual Machines screen, click Add.
- Choose Run an OS Installation program, then click Next.
- Choose Install Using CD/DVD Device, then click Next.
- Select the appropriate CD/DVD device, choose SUSE Installation Source, then click Next.
- Review and change other Virtual Machine (Installation Settings) as required.
- Insert CD1, then click Next on the Virtual Machine (Installation Settings) screen. (YaST prepares to install the VM and prompts you to insert more CDs).
- Insert subsequent CDs as prompted. (The VM starts in a new window on the desktop and starts the OS installation program.)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the operating system until the following message appears.
- DO NOT EJECT THE CD! Instead of inserting the requested CD, you must complete the following steps each time you switch CDs:
- In a terminal window, enter xm list. Note the ID of the VM you are installing.
- Enter xm block-list vm_ID where vm_ID is the ID number of the VM. Decide which device is the mounted ISO image and note its Vdev number. Usually the last device displayed in the list is a mounted ISO image because the first devices are usually disk drives.
- Enter xm block-detach vm_ID Vdev_number. This command detaches the connection between the VM and the CD reader. For example, xm block-detach 1 832 detaches the the connection between VM ID 1 and Vdev 832.
- Enter eject to eject the CD.
- Insert the next CD (for example, CD2).
- Enter cat /etc/xen/vm/vm_name | grep disk where vm_name is the name of the VM you are creating. Note the attach string of the CD reader, which is usually listed towards the end of the output string and prefaced with phy: (for example, phy:/dev/sr0,hdb,r).
- Enter xm block-attach vm_ID attach_string where vm_ID is the VM’s ID number and attach_string is the attach string for the CD reader. For example, xm block-attach 1 phy:/dev/sr0 hdb r. Do not enter commas between the parameters.
- Return to the VM’s installation program window and press OK to continue
- Repeat the steps each time the installation program cannot access the installation media.
- Complete the installation program following the onscreen instructions.
This page is part of: