Telnet Server HOWTO
Uyarı! Running a telnet server is a potential security hazzard. If possible, use SSH
- Install telnet-server using YaST software management
- Enable telnetd in xinetd. This can be done manually by editing /etc/xinetd.conf and changing disabled = yes to disabled = no, or by using the following command
chkconfig telnetd on
- Start xinetd if its not running already.
- Make sure that xinetd is started automatically at boot time
chkconfig xinetd on
Allow telnet login for "root"
- In normal case "root" isn't allowed to login over telnet (security reasons). To change this you have to edit the file /etc/pam.d/login:
#auth required pam_securetty.so
- Then you must restart the xinet daemon: