If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
SDB:Collecting Hardware Information
Version: 1.0 -
You would like to submit information on your hardware to the SuSE Advanced Support Service.
Please proceed as follows:
- Start your Linux system.
- Log in as a user and start your desktop.
- In KDE, press the key combination ALT+F2.
- Enter "xterm" in the box.
- Click on "Execute".
- A new window will pop up; enter the command "su".
- Now enter the root password.
- Enter the command "cd /tmp".
Now enter the following commands:
echo "-------- hwinfo ---------" > info.txt hwinfo >> info.txt echo "-------- lspci -v ---------" >> info.txt lspci -v >> info.txt echo "-------- lspci -n ---------" >> info.txt lspci -n >> info.txt echo "-------- pnpdump ---------" >> info.txt pnpdump >> info.txt echo "-------- procinfo ---------" >> info.txt procinfo >> info.txt
In addition, please list your hardware components as follows:
- CPU: manufacturer, model, frequency
- Motherboard: manufacturer, model, BIOS version, on-board controller
- RAM: RAM size, RAM type (FP, EDO, SDRAM, DDRAM)
- Hard disk controller: SCSI, IDE, on-board/card, model, BIOS version, chipset
- Hard disks: type, manufacturer, model, size, bus system (SCSI, IDE), partitioning
- CD-ROM drives: type, manufacturer, model, speed, internal/external, parallel port?
- Other media: CD writer, streamer (model, manufacturer, SCSI/EIDE/floppy streamer, capacity), ZIP drives, Jaz drives, MO drives, flopticals
- Graphics card: model, manufacturer, chipset, memory (DRAM, VRAM), memory size
- Other peripherals: printer, parallel ports, serial ports, modem, ISDN card
In this way you have created the file /tmp/info.txt. This file contains the information on your hardware. Please send the contents of this text file in ASCII format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use any encoded attachments! Please enclose your registration code. Wait for the confirmation that your e-mail has been received, then call the SuSE Advanced Support Service. The phone number can be found here: http://www.suse.co.uk/uk/private/support/inst_support/advanced.html <keyword>0190,support,hardware,information</keyword>