tagline: openSUSE sitesinden
openSUSE 10.2 Schedule
Below you can find the current roadmap for openSUSE 10.2 including show stopper Milestones for the selected release. If any of these milestones isn't fulfilled, the release must be deferred.
Thu, Sep 7: Alpha 4
Thu, Oct 05: Alpha 5
openSUSE 10.2 Alpha5 release
Notes: installation, toolchain, component, crypto freeze
- Toolchain, installation workflow are feature frozen
- Packages containing cryptographic routines are frozen
- First round for software translation
- Component freeze: Major updates and addition of subsystems finished.
Thu, Oct 19: Alpha 5+
openSUSE 10.2 Alpha5+ release (internal)
- Documentation deadline, proofing starts
- Feature and version freeze for the base system
- Kernel and install works on most targeted machines.
Fri, Oct 20: translation deadline
Notes: Packagers start integration translations into packages for Beta1
- First round of software translation finished.
Thu, Oct 26: Beta 1
openSUSE 10.2 Beta1 release (feature complete)
- Feature and version freeze for the complete distribution (exception: patchlevel update of leaf packages until Nov 4)
- First localized build
- Complete string freeze
- All features are coding and function complete.
- Kernel and install works on all targeted machines.
- Last round of software translation starts
Fri, Nov 4: translation finished
Notes: Packagers start integration translations into packages for Beta2
- Final round of software translation finished.
- Patchlevel update of leaf packages finished.
Thu, Nov 9: Beta 2
openSUSE 10.2 Beta2 release
- Fully localized build
- Localization testing starts
- Only major/critical/blocker bugfixes allowed.
Fri, Nov 17: only blocker bug fixes allowed
Notes: Packagers start integration translations into packages for RC1
- Fixes found during localization testing returned.
- Only blocker bugfixes allowed.
Thu, Nov 23: RC 1
openSUSE 10.2 RC1 release
- All blocker bugs resolved.
- All documentation available (English only).
- Last fixes for localization found during testing incorporated.
Thu, Nov 30: Goldmaster
openSUSE 10.2 GM release
Notes: Only showstopper and security bugfixes get integrated.
- All documentation available (translations also).
Thu, Dec 7 openSUSE 10.2 public release
- Release on the ftp server