If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
SDB:Missing KDE Start Sound in SUSE LINUX 9.1
Although your sound card is properly configured and the system players such as xmms seem to work fine, the familiar KDE start sound is not played when you start KDE.
A minor bug in the default settings of KDE.
Proceed as follows:
- Start your system and log in as usual.
- Start KDE Control Center and open the dialog:
- Sound & Multimedia
- System Notifications
- Select the entry "KDE System Notifications" as "Event Source".
- Select the entry "KDE is Starting Up" from the list below.
- Replace the provided sound file "/opt/kde3/share/sounds/EW_Startup_1.wav" with the also available "/opt/kde3/share/sounds/EW_Startup_1.ogg".
- Press the "Apply" button and exit KDE Control Center.
The next time you reboot your computer or log in to the system, KDE's start sound will be played. <keyword>sound,kde,start,91</keyword>